Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I gave a Kindle Fire 10" to my wife as a Christmas gift 2013 and today it everything

Customer Question

I gave a Kindle Fire 10" to my wife as a Christmas gift 2013 and today it everything in the computer is lost but she can still came into Facebook and Internet nothing else. What is wrong?
best wishes
Hjalmar
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Is the problem with the kindle, or with the computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
With the Kindle
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Worst is that my wife lost many photos of the family
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
... and books...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I call the Kindle a computer :-)
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for clarifying. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?