Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Can't get my kindle to come on. tried holding the power down

Customer Question

can't get my kindle to come on. tried holding the power down for 40 sec. nothing happened.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you tell me which Kindle you have? Also, please try the steps below (which are slightly different than what you've tried). Press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a FULL minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, perform those steps THREE MORE TIMES (waiting the full minute for the screen to flash or turn on).If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. If that does not work, then I will need the model of the Kindle and also what exactly happened (screen flashed, scrambled screen, etc.).Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?