Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Had not used my Nook in years. Not remember passcode. Nook

Customer Question

Had not used my Nook in years. Not remember passcode. Nook does not recognize either of the email addresses I had when I purchased it. What to do?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeThis is the passcode to unlock the screen correct?And which model Nook is this?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not have model on it...is not color...does pick up my wifi. White face and grey back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
check here please and tell mehttp://glyde.com/glydecast/how-to/which-nook-do-you-have/Also, is the passcode to unlock the screen correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not recall pass code
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Larry, I think you missed my last question, Ill repeat check here please and tell me which mode you havehttp://glyde.com/glydecast/how-to/which-nook-do-you-have/Also, this is the passcode you need to unlock the screen correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BNRZ100
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksYou will need to reset the Nook, this will remove all data and return it to new. Then you can setup the security again.To do thisTurn off your Nook by pressing the Power Button on the top of it.With it off, showing you the blank white screen, press and hold the power button until the screen flickers black for a second, then continue to hold it for another 12 seconds. You won't see anything happen at this point, the screen will stay white.Repeat the above step 6 more times in a row. Yep, you read that right, 6 more times in a row.Now press the Power Button once to turn the Nook back on.You'll see the touch screen go black, with a sky blue progress bar, and a description of what it's doing, such as mounting the drive, formatting, etc. This takes a few minutes so be patient. Once done, the Nook will be as new, and you can set it up with a new security code.Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, while following your instructions the battery died. I ordered a new one and should be here this week
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks LarryI have marked the question to never close, so any issues, just let me know here, there is no time limit on thisIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you