Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

All the sudden I cant order books on my kindle it wont let

Customer Question

all the sudden I cant order books on my kindle it wont let me change my credit card number
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the Amazon website below:https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle, then sign in your Amazon account if prompted (make sure to use the same email address associated with your kindle), then there, click on Settings near the top right, then click on Edit Payment Method, and continue.- Another way: Click on the Amazon website below:https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn, then there, click on the option "Manage Payment Options", and sign in your Amazon account if prompted. Then there, edit your payment information, once done, click on option "Manage 1-Click settings", and check / edit "Default Address and 1-Click Settings"- If needed, press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all that....when I go to that manage your kindle place it says I have no devices registered which is crazy.....everything was fine until I had to change debit cards a couple of weeks ago and I have changed on the amazon site but for some reason it wont register with my kindle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even my kindle unlimited is working but if I try to buy a book that's not part of the unlimted selection it tells my my card will not work and it shows the last two digits of my old card
Sorry. That means you may not be using the correct email address. How many email addresses do you have?What's the model of your kindle?Are you able to go to settings / device settings / registration /account menu on the kindle in order to check the email address there?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean my regular email address or that goofy kindle address? Don't think it would do any good for you to get on my computer remote because you cant connect to my kindle can you?
I would check your Amazon account through your computer. Or I can continue help you here.1. What's the model of your kindle?2. Are you able to go to settings / device settings / registration /account menu on the kindle and see if an email address is showing there or not?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant remember which model it is...how can I look it up on the device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fire HD 7 is what it says
From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.Tap My Account.Then what do you see there?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gives me the kindle email address....option to deregister ...Amazon account settings Prime settings etc
From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.Tap My Account.Then Deregister it.Then sign in with your email address.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I try going to manage one click settings it doesn't recognize my amazon password ***** works when I go amazon on my computer....I am so confused
Sorry, please try:From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.Tap My Account.Then Deregister it.Then sign in with your email address.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my regular email address or the kindle email address
Your regular email address. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I reregistered let me see what happens
OK, see if you can order a book now. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now my library is gone
What's your kindle email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the top it now says Danny's Fire instead of Dany's 4th kindle which is what it used to say
Do you see any of your old books now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and now I am registered at my regular email address instead of the kindle address which is why I am not seeing any books I guess
Can you deregister again, then sign in with the kindle address, and see if your password ***** or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesn't recognize the password....I was afraid of that
Sorry, please click on the website below:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true, then there, click on option Digital Services, then select issue Kindle eBooks, then select issue details Something else, then select the Phone option below. Then ask to get the password ***** your kindle email address (which has your books in it).Thank you.