Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.

I am unable to connect my wifi network.

Customer Question

I am unable to connect my wifi network.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Is it possible that your wireless network router box, had the reset button held down for a while? if so, its wireless setup has been set back to practically nothing, default values.If, when you scan for your router's SSID or wireless ID name, you find it isn't there, then that is probable.If it is a Netgear router, look for a strong signal in that event, but one that is named 'netgear' (the default name from the factory) or if it is Linksys, look for a strong signal named 'linksys' (again, the default name). But, if your WiFi network box's SSID name is ***** ***** on a scan, then that hasn't happened.Check to make sure CapsLock isn't set on your device. That will foul up wireless logins - the WiFi 'passphrase' is case-sensitive, meaning the Capitol letters need to be UPPER-CASE when you enter them, and the lower-case letters need to be entered lower-case. And of course, before all of the above - check to make sure your WiFi router box is turned On and the indicator lights are On also! Let me know if the above doesn't fit your case, or doesn't work... perhaps updating your Kindle actually affected something, if that seems the case, tell me more about it.