Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My new kindle white is using spanish and I don't know how to

Customer Question

My new kindle white is using spanish and I don't know how to change it. also the screen is frozen
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. For the Language:Change Kindle Fire Default Language. Open up the notification bar by swiping from the top of the screen down, and tap More. In the Settings menu select the “Language & Keyboard” category. Now all that's left to do is select your preferred language. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need more help from aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its still in spanish
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's still in Spanish after you changed the default language as specific above? For the Language:Change Kindle Fire Default Language. Open up the notification bar by swiping from the top of the screen down, and tap More. In the Settings menu select the “Language & Keyboard” category. Now all that's left to do is select your preferred language.