Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I forgot my Kindle Passcode. How do I get a new one?

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What specific code are you referring to?A security/lock code (to turn the kindle on)?A wifi network password?Or your amazon account password?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
security/lock code to turn Kindle on
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Okay you cannot "get a new one", as that is a security code set by the user (you), and cannot be changed without knowing it.What you'll have to do here is to override the password ***** a process that factory resets the kindle, meaning it will delete all content and settings also (this is the only way to protect your personal information, in the case that your kindle may be lost or stolen). On the password ***** type 'resetmykindle' without the quotations as the password. This will reset the device to factory, however Amazon saves all of your purchases so that you don't lose them. Simply reregister the Kindle with the same username and password ***** before. Your prior info will sync back to the kindle automatically once it is on wifi again.OR Try to enter this number:###-##-#### ***** regards,Nathan