Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

I have an old kindle. I need to update my credit card information.

Customer Question

I have an old kindle. I need to update my credit card information. It is asking me for codes etc.. and will not let me do it..
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
This has to be done on your computer, not on the kindle, though you do need ready access to your amazon account (need to sign in, and thus know the email address and password ***** your account). If you need help resetting your account, you can do so here: Forgot Your Password? There are a few easy steps to follow after you are signed in.First, go here: you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here: On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, John?