Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have a security concern. One of us (probably me!) may have

Customer Question

I have a security concern. One of us (probably me!) may have been hacked. I have four "Problem with your credit card. . ." messages on my Kindle. I talked to Synchrony Bank this morning. The charges for books etc. go on my Amazon Charge Card. There is no other card on my account with Amazon/Kindle. One of these shows up on 1/20/16, two on 2/16/16 and a fourth on 3/12/16.
The message says:
"There is a problem with your credit card on file. We were unable to charge your credit care for the following purchase: [then lists the purchase, all of which, but one, did show up in my Kindle]
The message follows up with a Customer Service phone number at 1-***-***-****. The first time I called that number, a man from the Phillipines answered. The second time it was a woman who seemed to have a French accent. She hung up immediately.
Through my Microsoft account, I was hacked by one of the phony "Your computer needs to be cleaned. We can help you!" scams. Whoever these folks are, they are pretty aggressive.
Will someone please call me either on my landline -(###) ###-####or my cell(###) ###-#### ***** need to talk to someone in Amazon security.
Jessie Louise Kuhl
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. In your case, you will need to remove the credit cards in your account and then add the one you wish to keep. Doing so, will resolve any problems related to the purchase error.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Click the following link: https://payments.amazon.com/
- Log in to your account.
- Click Edit My Account Settings.
- Click Add, edit, or delete my credit cards.
- Enter the credit card and billing details.
- Click Add New Card.

After that is complete, you will be able to make purchases with no problems.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.