Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company
329447

Purchased a Fire TV. I have an Amazon account. It will not

Customer Question

Purchased a Fire TV. I have an Amazon account. It will not accept this information
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Where did you purchase this Fire TV stick from please? The reason I'm asking is that I have three of them right here, and if your Amazon username and password ***** not being accepted- then it sounds like your device was already registered to another user. Also the batteries not being good, also points to this unit being used, refurbished, etc. Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is not a stick. I purchased it from Staples. It is a Amazon Fire TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Bizarre. The Fire TV box is no longer made and the only one they sell now is called the Fire stick- and it plugs right into the HDMI port on the TV. So you're saying you have an external box, and not something that sticks right into the TV's HDMI port?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is not a Stick. I have an Hdmi cable which I plugged into the HDMI port 3 on the TV. I then put the other end of the HDMI port of the cable into Amazon Fire TV . I plugged the adapter into an outlet. Went through the process but it suffused my e-mail and my password.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't obtain an answer now but have to wait up to 24 hours. Is that correct
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Can you at least display the Fire's home screen on your TV?

Let me know so t hat we can continue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It will come up.But what happens some where along the process is the picture becomes frozen. Well it turns out that the remote seems to shut down. I have replaced the batteries.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, go to Settings, then System, then scroll all the way to the bottom and select Reset To Factory Settings.

Follow the prompts.

Once you have reset it, register it again to your Amazon account and see if that fixes the issue.

I'll be here.

Steve