Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.

I own a Nook color. The cord the male connector from the

Customer Question

I own a Nook color. The cord the male connector from the charger no longer charges the Nook. I purchased a new charger cord at Best Buy where I purchased my Nook but they no longer carry it. I believe the Female port in the nook is defective but that is a guess. I have a lot of books stored on my nook and do not want to lose them. What are my options. Can I get my nook repaired. Do I have to purchase a new Nook and if so where. At this point I am very frustrated. HELP!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using I am Cris.

The nook are not repaired they are usually replaced if under warranty or a trade in fee to receive a another one. However if you have an older device you can purchase a new. You will not lose any books, any book you purchase remains in your B&N account. When you register a Nook with the account you instantly have access to re-download all of your books.

Also there is a Nook app which can be downloaded from a iPad, iPhone, Android phone or tablet. You can download the free app then log into your account and you will have immediate access to the books.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate and submit my service..