Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have recently ordered 2 books from kindle. When I click on

Customer Question

I have recently ordered 2 books from kindle. When I click on the book, it tells me that I have already paid for the book. I then click on READ NOW and the line on the bottom comes up showing me how it's downloading. However, the line just stays on zero and will not download.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on /off button / switch on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Can you make sure the kindle is connected to wi-fi / wireless?

What's the model of your kindle?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet which Kindle is a part of. I shut down my tablet, then turned it back on and nothing changed. I have downloaded books in the past without any trouble so am wondering what is going on. I am connected to WiFi so I know that isn't the problem.

I'm sorry. To confirm, then Internet is currently working on your Samsung tablet right?

Can you please uninstall the Kindle app, then re-install the Kindle app in Play Store app?

- To uninstall the Kindle app, open Settings app icon, then open Applications / Application manager. Then swipe from right to left until you get the option All, then scroll down, then tap on the Kindle app there, then uninstall it

, then open Play Store app icon, then type / search for kindle then install the Kindle app and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did it wrong before, so will try again the right way. My Internet is slow because we are very rural and can only get WiFi one way.

OK, please take your time, then let me know; I will help further as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, I fiddled around enough until I got a notice that said there was trouble with my payment and to go to amazon management. I did and our credit union just recently changed our debit cards before the other one had expired. I put my new card info in and the books downloaded immediately. I wish I could remember what I did to finally get kindle to tell me that.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry for the trouble.

Great. In the future, to update your payment card information, you can sign in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

, then there, click on Settings, then click on Edit Payment Method, then you can update your card. Thank you.

Do you have any further question and/or do you need help with anything else for now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you have any further question or if you need anything, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,