Can you please try the followings:
- From Home, tap the Menu icon (which is the 3-bar or 3-dot icon at the top.)
- Tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi Networks.
- Then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, if any.
- If successful, then wait about 30 minutes, and the kindle should be updated.
- Next, to confirm if your kindle is updated, please click on the Amazon website below:
, then there, select your Kindle model.
, then there, click on the option "Determine Your Software Version", and check if your kindle is updated or not. If no, please follow the instructions there to update your kindle.
- If there is still any issue, please let me know let me know the serial of your kindle, and if your Kindle Paperwhite type is 5th, 6th, or 7th Generation.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.