Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I have had my Kobo ereader years & it has never missed a

Customer Question

hi there
I have had my Kobo ereader for 3 years & it has never missed a beat I love it!
I purchase books directly on line as I am sure you will see from my history, however when i was away on holiday recently a problem occurred. The screen would not open there was no visual whatsoever, I recharged it just to be sure that wasnt the problem then restarted it & couldnt get anything other than a egg timer telling me to re- start or re-calibrate or something like that as I couldnt get anything else on the screen that is what i did, I thought thank goodness everything is ok but now i find everything is wiped including all my unread purchased books & library & all the screen is showing is the welcome to Kobo screen
can you help please?
Viera Harris
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kobo and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you