Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company
329447

My kindle i 2-5-6 version with serial number

Customer Question

My kindle i 2-5-6 version with serial number B002A1A092421373, How do I update this kindle
Software version###-##-####
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

That is a 2nd Gen Kindle from 2009 and you will need to update to version 2.5.8 (from 2.5.6).

To do this, follow these instructions. If you get stuck, I will be here.

1. From the Home screen of your Kindle, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Turn Wireless On with the 5-way controller.
  3. Press the Menu button again and select Sync & Check for Items.
  4. Plug your Kindle in, and leave your Kindle plugged in and connected to its wireless network overnight.

While asleep, the software update will download and install automatically. Your device may restart multiple times during the update process.

You will get a final confirmation letter titled 03-2016 Successful Update on your device when the update is complete. You can find the letter on your device by viewing all items in your Kindle Library, and then sorting the items by Recent.

Regards

Steve