Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

How do I perform the update to my Kindle that is required by

Customer Question

How do I perform the update to my Kindle that is required by March 22, 2016?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Can you tell me which model kindle you have?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** found out that I apparently need to update my Kindle before tomorrow. I'm sorry, but I don't know which model I have. But, it's older than the paperwhite model
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Yes you do need to update it. Not updating won't cause the kindle to stop working entirely, but you would lose the ability to buy new books.

If you go into the settings/tools menu, look for an area called DEVICE or ABOUT. There it should show the current software version, and the model number.

Let me know what those are, and I'll explain the update process for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Version 3.4.2 does that help?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Yes that is what I needed, and it looks like you have the kindle keyboard model.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has a keyboard
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

That is actually the latest version already, there is nothing newer for it, so you have the latest software which would have updated itself automatically.

You don't need to do anything else at this point, and the kindle should continue operating normally from here on out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, then I guess I don't need to do anything, but I will still be able to purchase books?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Yes that is correct, you don't need to do anything, it will continue working as normal.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?