Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Kindle keeps rebooting and it is very slow to change

Customer Question

My Kindle keeps rebooting and it is very slow to change pages. Now I can't get into any of my books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.
Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know once you're able to see my reply.