Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company

I just purchased a new e-reader because my old one is locked

Customer Question

I just purchased a new e-reader because my old one is locked up and won't do anything
how do I change the brightness on the new one
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.

Can you please let me know exactly what kindle you have please?kindle fire for example?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not a kindle fire just the cheap one for $79. I don't like to pay money to find out how to work something. If the answer isn't a simple error on my part I'l send it back
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

To change the brightness: swipe your finger down from the top of the screen to open the Settings area. Third from the left will be Brightness. Touch that and then use the slider to adjust. Viola!

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry but you were no help. Third from the left on my menu bar is the shopping cart. It really doesn't matter now because
I'm going to return it. How do I get a refund on the charge of $28.00