Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

I have lost the password 's Kindle #4. Can you help me?

Customer Question

I have lost the password ***** Matthew's Kindle #4. Can you help me?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 7 months ago.

What is the model of the kindle please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

okay, try each one of these steps>

To unlock and reset your Kindle, Paperwhite or Fire:

1. On a Kindle Fire (any model) attempt to enter a password—any string of characters will do—five times in a row. After the fifth failed attempt, you’ll be prompted to reset the Fire without having to go through the menus as described above.

2. On a regular Kindle, Kindle Touch or Paperwhite, reset your Kindle by entering “111222777″ as the parental controls / screen lock password.

Now the device is unlocked, but it’s also been cleared of all the content you’ve downloaded to it and it’s been totally disconnected from your Amazon account, so you’ll need to go through the set-up screens to re-register it and then re-download whatever content you’d like to have on it again.

1. For kindle keyboard> Type resetmykindle into the passcode field.
  2. Press the Enter key (below the Del key).

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have lost my Kindle

With Manage Your Device, you can manage your Fire tablet or phone remotely.These features may be useful if you have lost or misplaced your device.

Manage Your Device is currently supported on Fire tablets (running Fire OS 3.2.5 or later) and Fire phone.

• If your device has been stolen, contact your local law enforcement for assistance. Do not attempt to retrieve a stolen device yourself if you're using Manage Your Device to locate it.
  • If you own a device that is not compatible with Manage Your Device, contact Amazon Customer Support for additional information about lost or stolen devices.
  • If your device is turned off or not connected to a wireless network, Manage Your Device won’t be able to locate, deregister, lock, or erase it.