rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

The face of my kindle went blank, and turned. Will not

Customer Question

the face of my kindle went blank, and turned white. Will not charge. Have a lot of books on that I have not yet read. It is now connected to my computer to try once again to charge it. Can it be fixed and if so would it be cheaper to buy another one?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Hope it helps.

Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem
.