Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have had my Amazon Fire since Christmas and it's been

Customer Question

I have had my Amazon Fire since Christmas and it's been fine, but today when I opened it, it acts like its frozen and when it verbally tells me to slide 2 slide fingers across the screen and it will open a second page and there are verbal instructions telling you what each section is, but nothing works. No matter what I do, I cannot get past the second screen where it gives me verbal instructions on how to add someone to my account, but it gives me no keyboard. Literally it's locked on the second page. I have shut the tablet off for an hour and when I turned it on, it's the same. Any help you can give, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.

Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.