Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I can't open my kindle when I slide the .... scratch that I

Customer Question

I can't open my kindle when I slide the .... scratch that I just tried it right now and for some reason it opened after several months of not working... go figure
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The eReader Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I did slide the thing to turn it on the green light did come on but the screen for the password ***** not show up so I couldn't open it up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the eReader Specialist should know?
Customer: i would like to be able to down load books to my iPhone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: which at present i am not able to do
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you