Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I was attempting to change my credit card number, as my c.c.

Customer Question

i was attempting to change my credit card number, as my c.c. # ***** and my kindle suddenly just went dead, like it totally froze it is charged and still I can not turn it on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is best done from your computer, on amazon.com to update the card info, then we can address the kindle itself after

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am way way too fustrated this is WAY WAY TOO MUCH I FORGOT MY f**kING AMAZON PASS WORD AND CAN NOT EVEN f**kING GET IT IM WAY TOO MAD THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR ME I AM OUTA HERE
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You had not mentioned anything about your password, but it is easily changed, I can send you link and instructions for that, it is a very simple process

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY I CAN NOT EVEN CHANGE MY PASSWOD AND I AM TOO MAD
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to help you through this process remotely? I would connect to your computer and guide you through each step while you watch.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I cannot refund anything, as I have no access to any billing or account issues. I've provided you the instructions above, which can be easily followed, though you do need access to your account to do so. I'm happy to continue working through the process with you to ensure it is resolved, and if you'd like to take some time to calm down a bit, we can pick this up again later if you prefer.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HATE TECHNOLOGY MY LAP TOP IS A HUNDRED YEARS OLD I PROBABLY CAN NOT FOLLOW YOU BUT FINE DO WHATEVER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f**kING FOR GET IT
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I can give you the steps here, if you'd like to do it yourself,

or I can do it for you remotely (accept the remote support offer I sent earlier)

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Dena, I'm trying to help you, but it takes a few moments to reply. Your patience is appreciated.

To get started, you'd need to know your password, which you can reset by clicking here:

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

When prompted, put in your email address that your amazon account is under

then go check that email account, and open the email sent from amazon, click on the link in it, and it will open a new amazon page

prompting you to create a NEW amazon account password.