Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have been having trouble charging my nook color tablet

Customer Question

I have been having trouble charging my nook color tablet for the past few days; I thought that it was the cable, but then it flashed off and even tho it should be charging, it want come back on. I think it may be the connector port. can that be fixed or is it now toast ?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

It's possible the charger port may be damaged, but if you haven't tried this yet, please perform a hard reset as outlined below:

Press and hold the power button on the Nook for 25 whole seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do not press any other buttons during this minute).

Try those steps up to three times if the first do not work.

If the issue persists beyond that, then please let me know the model of the Nook you have as well as how long you've owned it for.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.