Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My kindle fire was stolen....it has my credit card info on

Customer Question

My kindle fire was stolen....it has my credit card info on it...how can I cancel my credit card from it?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Features of Manage Your Device

If you have lost or if someone has stolen your device, you can locate, deregister, or erase your supported device from Manage Your Content and Devices. Try locating it before you factory reset or deregister, you can disable the purchases first also from the Amazon.Com site.

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices(Amazon.com full site).
  2. From Your Devices, select a device that supports Manage Your Device. Remove the payment card.
  3. Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select an option:

OptionDescription

Deregister

Deregister your device from your Amazon account. When you deregister a device, you will no longer be able to access your content through any of the Amazon applications on the device or make purchases on the device through your Amazon account. Personal information such as photos and side-loaded documents will remain on the device.

Note: Deregister is most often used by customers who wish to switch Amazon accounts on a device within a household.

Remote Alarm

Activate an alarm on your device. If your device is located, an alarm will play on the device for two minutes or until it's dismissed.

Find My Kindle / Find Your Tablet / Find Your Phone

Find your device's approximate location on a map generated within Manage Your Content and Devices. If your device can't be reached immediately, you can request that Amazon continue trying to reach your device periodically for the next three days. After three days, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon on the status of your device's location.

Important: The maps and location information used in the Manage Your Device feature might be inaccurate or unavailable depending on a number of factors, including the kind of wireless connectivity supported by your device (Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi + 4G / LTE) and whether it supports GPS. This feature is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed.

Remote Lock

Set your device’s lock screen password ***** protect the data on your device. You can also choose to include a short message when you lock the device. If you already set your lock screen password, this feature will override and reset your previous password. If your device can't be reached immediately, the device will be locked the next time it comes back online. After three days, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon on the status of the device lock.

Note: This option is not available on Fire tablets running Fire OS 3.2.5 or below.

Remote Factory Reset

Reset your device to its default factory settings. If your device can't be reached immediately, you can request that Amazon periodically continue trying to reach your device for the next three days. After three days, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon on the status of the factory reset.

Note: After you reset your device, your personal information, Amazon account information, and downloaded content is removed from the device, and your device is no longer be available on the Manage Your Content and Devices page. Any content you purchased from Amazon is automatically saved to the Cloud, and can be downloaded to other compatible devices registered to your account.

Were you able to get the kindle removed from your account?

Let em know if you need more help please.