Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Amazon Fire HD Have had this device 2 months and I love it.

Customer Question

Amazon Fire HD Have had this device 2 months and I love it. Last night I put it on charge and when I took it off this morning, It appears to have no backlight at all. I bought this to help my eyes. I need the backlight. Can you please help with this?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I put the charger on the divise came on by itself and barely has a backlight and is saying charging
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, thats good, let it sit for 10 minutes, then repeat the instructions I gave.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did as instructed and the results are the same. Reads charging and barely no backlight
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out now.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you