Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My Nook HD (serial #3024960014574128)does some weird things

Customer Question

My Nook HD (serial #3024960014574128)does some weird things which make using it cumbersome. Frequently, when I bookmark a position in a book, and try to return to it later, my reader displays the book cover instead of the last page read. Then, when I try to use the slider to access the last page read, it will only let me go as high as page 100 even though I might be on page 200 or 300. The only way I've been able to recover from this is to power down the device, power it back up, and it may let me advance the slider past page 100. Not guaranteed, though. Very frustrating.
Device information indicates that my software is up to date, but it's hard for me to believe there have been no updates since I bought the thing. There may well have been updates downloaded and installed without my knowledge.
Thanks for any help you may provide.
Everett Richardson
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nook and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Nook and see how it now performs.

Let me know the results please

Thank you