Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. E-Reader Expert.
23511658

I have an old kobo wifi that I haven't picked up in well

Customer Question

I have an old kobo wifi that I haven't picked up in well over a year and I'm trying to get it working again. I'm well aware that I'll have missed numerous updates. It keeps telling that that it can't connect to the store to update my library. I've tried a soft and a hard reset. Still no luck. Can you offer any suggestions?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This will happen if WiFi isn't connected. After resetting, are you able to get it to connect to your WiFi network?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mike. Yes, I'm able to connect to wifi but it still says I have no books. And when I "update library" it tells me that it's syncing but still doesn't upload any books. I will try connecting it to my computer and syncing via the desktop kobo program.

That's actually a great idea. Is that how you normally sync? If so, it should work - it should also do the update that way if there is one avalable. You can force the sync using the sync icon on the desktop. IF you have any question about doing that let me know.

You can also do a complete reset of the device if you can get into the menu. If all else fails, this should correct the problem.

1. Turn on your eReader.
  2. Press the Menu button.
  3. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  4. Select Settings.
  5. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  6. Select Advanced.
  7. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  8. Select Reset Device Now.
  9. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  10. Once the eReader is powered up again, set the date and time.