Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I can no longer purchase new books or those that have

Customer Question

I can no longer purchase new books or those that have allowed a sample on my Kindle Paper white. Help please
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
still not working. Settings seem ok. Aeroplane mode off, network OK, registration OK device & reading options don't apply to only user
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

okay, then this would be a payment/account issue at this point then,

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've carried out all the instructions, but still can't purchase. (It did accept purchase of two samples on my kindle yesterday, but won't accept further purchases.) I've added to the balance on my visa debit card, so it can't be lack of funds, since the only purchases on that card are for books for kindle. More advice please, Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

What country are you in, June?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm in Australia
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay the links I sent were for the US site.

Go to http://www.amazon.com.au/

There you can go into Your Account, and follow the same steps, first for • Manage Payment Options

then for • Manage Your Content and Devices

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I don't wish to call. I feel there's something wrong with the kindle itself, but nothing seems to give access. Thank you for trying to help
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

No call is necessary.

The resets I indicated should fix any internal kindle issues, but it must be connected to wifi, and you have to have all of your payment details on the proper amazon site sorted as well.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.