Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I cannot charge my Kindle, but the Kindle works. The charger

Customer Question

I cannot charge my Kindle, but the Kindle works. The charger is ok; works on cell phones, etc. I believe the Kindle's connector is damaged.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Does the connector feel loose? Or does the kindle just not seem to respond to plugging in?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Initially,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.