Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Your Kindle needs Repair. Please contact Customer Service.

Customer Question

Your Kindle needs Repair. Please contact Customer Service. This appeared on my Kindle this a.m.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Then power back on and check for normal operation.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing happened! It's still saying the same thing!

I am sorry about this, this sounds like it must be a hardware issue since we have ruled out the possibility of a firmware issue by (resetting the software by force reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
If your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.
If your Kindle is out of warranty, if the cost to repair is too much then Amazon will recommend and sell you a refurbished kindle which is a good value, sometimes Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.

You can also read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.