Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

, I have finished a book and have gone back to my home

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have finished a book and have gone back to my home page. When I load my next boo it goes to the last page of the last and then to the ratings againand around we go again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to E-Readers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on/off button / switch on your ereader device for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, what's the model of your ereader device? And does this issue occur when opening a particular book or all books?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It occurred with all books when I try to load a new book it reverts back to the rating page This is a kindle paperwhite CEO700

Thank you. Have you tried my first suggestion: Press and hold the Power on/off button on the Kindle Paperwhite for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, can you please try:

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device. And confirm. Your Kindle will restart.
  3. Once done, follow steps to re-set up the kindle.
  4. Then your books will download again, then check.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now it is saying that I have to sign into my WiFi net but I am already connected andasks me to go to browser to do this which starts the process again

When you go to Wi-Fi setting on the kindle, did you select / connect to your correct wireless network name (not the guest name, if any)? Did it ask for password?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I put in the pass word and it worked before when I purchased and read my first 3 books

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Can you press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn on again and check? Thank you.

If needed, disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, and check again. Please let me know. Thank you.