Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Is my clippings file necessary I seem to have deleted it

Customer Question

Customer: is my clippings file necessary I seem to have deleted it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to delete book marks in my clippings but deleted whole file and it nbo longer shows on home page
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to E-Readers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Your clippings are backed up on your Amazon account and can be found at http://kindle.amazon.com

If you deleted the text file from you 'my documents' folder, if have the file on your computer you can simply drag it into your 'my documents' folder on your Kindle... Otherwise can open notepad on your computer, copy the highlights save on your Amazon account from the http://kindle.amazon.com link provided and save the file as clippings.txt

Let me know if that makes sense and how it goes with a reply, thanks & happy Holidays