Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Sony PRS-T3S is frozen. Left hand side of screen is a book.

Customer Question

Customer: sony PRS-T3S is frozen. Left hand side of screen is a book. Right hand side seems to be home page
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had it on charge for a while. No response. Have tried to do soft and hard resets, no response. Light works when charger attached. Will not turn off or on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to E-Readers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Due to the nature of the E Ink electronic display technology, the LCD can retain an image without having power thus making it appear as if the Reader is frozen. In some instances it will not have enough power to perform other operations such as turning on or off.

try this first please>

1. Connect the charger for 5 minutes, then press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds.
  2. Then simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons.
  3. Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then do the following button sequence while still holding down the Page Turn (Next) andBack buttons:

Release - Press - Release the Back button only and then Release the Page Turn (Next) button.
  4. In the Would you like to execute Factory Initialize screen, press Yes.
  5. Press the Power button again to turn on the Reader. The Reader will be set to factory settings.

Please let me know if this does not work.

Have you tried the reset hole using a straightened paper clip?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Randy. I have already tried a soft reset with no result

Okay, unfortunately those are the only options. What is the approximate purchase date please?