Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a D00901 that will not move of the startup page. We

Customer Question

I have a D00901 that will not move of the startup page. We have held the button for at least 15 seconds, and poking the tooth pick into the reset hole.....nithing. Is there an easy way to get the back cover off?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, What reset hole are you poking? There is only a reset on the original Kindle and that is under the battery cover. Please try this instead:

Press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.