Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

My purchased books are now sent to my kindle library at

Customer Question

My purchased books are now sent to my kindle library at Amazon. However, when trying to transfer them, it tells me that I don't have a kindle? I have a new email and wifi, what should I do?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle? And/or what's the model of your device?

On your kindle device or kindle app, can you please go to menu / settings / account / registration, etc., and make sure it is registered with your correct Amazon account / email address that you've used to purchase the books?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I change the email as I have a new email that I think is different that the one on my kindle.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Keeps telling me that my kindle is not registered. Don't understand why

Thank you. Was the kindle working fine previously?

STEP 1: Confirm your correct Amazon account / your email address

- You need to register the kindle with the exact Amazon account / same email address you've used to purchase the books. When you sign in your Amazon account at the website below with the email address you've used to purchase your book, then you should see all your purchased books there:

http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

Note: If needed, at the above website, try signing with each of your email address(es) as needed until you see all your purchased books. If there is Amazon account password ***** you can reset the password ***** the above website also.

Note 2: If you need to update the email address for your Amazon account (that has your purchased books), then you can go to the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn

, then there, click on the option Change Account Settings there, and change your email address.

STEP 2: Register the kindle with your correct Amazon account / email address.

- Go to the Wi-Fi/wireless settings on the kindle, and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name.

- Go to menu / Settings / Registration or My Account, etc. on the kindle, and make sure it is registered to your correct Amazon account / email address. If it is incorrect, then use the Deregister option there, then register / sign in with your correct Amazon account / email address.

Note: If there is trouble finding the registration / account option on the kindle, please let me know the exact model of your Kindle, such as regular Kindle, or Kindle Paperwhite, or Kindle Fire, or Kindle Fire HD, etc.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.