Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Kindle is asking sign in ID. I've newer had one. How do I

Customer Question

Kindle is asking for a sign in ID. I've newer had one. How do I establish that?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you asking about your home wifi network, or your registration (to link to amazon account)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To link to Kindle act on my home network
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay so you need to know your home wifi network name, and password.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to wait to long. When your busy and have appointments it's impossible to wait that long. I think the answer is incorrect also. I've had this I book for a year and this is the first time Kindle hs demanded this info
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I provided information based on the feedback from you. I asked you which item you needed, and you specified the wifi.

If you are referring to something else, I can help you with that, but I need to know the correct descriptor of what you are asking for.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please note as well that it is entirely possible for the kindle to lose/forget its prior wifi info and have to be reloaded, just because it worked before is no guarantee that it would never need to be entered again. It is also possible that your network has changed (new internet company, new modem, new router, etc) which would require updating the kindle as well.