Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I just bought a new kindle-what do I do with the old one-how

Customer Question

I just bought a new kindle-what do I do with the old one-how do I transfer my existing kindle account?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You don't need to do anything with the old one,

as you proceed through the setup prompts on the new one, first connecting it to your home wifi network, and then registering the kindle to your amazon account, all of your prior purchases and content will automatically "sync" up to the new kindle.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.