Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

While reading, the kindle shut down,leaving just the

Customer Question

While reading, the kindle shut down,leaving just the background light. Charged it overnight, but no change
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 12 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I have experienced this problem more times than you would expect. The fix is rather simple because the problem is that it may have had issues when it was turned off earlier. It may have not turned off "all the way". Please, press and hold the power button on the Kindle until the background light turns off. Once it is off, turn it back on. Did that make any difference with the issue?

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason