Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I need to know how to get my wireless password simple touch

Customer Question

I need to know how to get my wireless password ***** my simple touch reader
nook by Barnes and Noble. I want to connect to CenturyLink9284 wireless connection
that I already have on my laptop as my internet connection.
Can you help me reset the wireless password ***** I do not know it?
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have decided to cancel this service. Please do not run any transactions on the given visa card information.
I do not want to pay a monthly fee on this visa card.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You've already paid the full agreed upon amount for this question, though it would be a one time service, ther eis no monthly fee required.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.