info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My kindle is not charging even though its plugged in! I have

Customer Question

My kindle is not charging even though its plugged in for hours! I have ordered a new power cord to see if that is the problem but what can I do if the new cord does not work?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets. Charging issues are usually caused by the kindles software going bad.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating band of stars at the top of the page thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps I should wait to receive the new power cord before I proceed. The kindle does not come on even though the on button is pressed. Will let you know when I get it (hopefully by Friday 12/11/15). Can u wait till then for my rating? Appreciate your help.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

I understand however its not just the power-button being pressed you need to follow what I indicated above please by holding down the button for 40 seconds as I have indicated this resets the kindle, the screen will flicker and should fire up further charging issues should be resolved

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not coming on after 40 seconds!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

OK so you are holding the button down for 40 seconds then releasing your finger there is no response from the kindle both on and off the charger is that correct please?