Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My kobo glow went through the washing machine last night and

Customer Question

My kobo glow went through the washing machine last night and now Is frozen on the sleeping screen of the book I was reading. Is there any hope of saving this device?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kobo.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response from the device
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted. Your shorted it out in the washing machine

They will see this if you try to do a warranty on it and you will have to purchase a replacement sorry. As you can imagine, they are not made for the wash.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you