Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Kindle will not turn on. Words "kindle fire" appear onscreen

Customer Question

Kindle will not turn on. Words "kindle fire" appear onscreen but nothing else will happen
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came home from work and before I had a chance to do anything, I noticed my kindle was on. It appears as if it unlocked itself
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, it looks like the memory had an issue and it self cleared. Good to hear, but in the future if it ever happens again, note the instructions I gave you as you will want to do these first.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you