Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I put my nook on the charger and hour the screen says your

Customer Question

I put my nook on the charger and for an hour the screen says your nook is starting up , it
won't respond to any buttons .
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 25 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Nook, and also how long you've had the Nook for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power button on the back is no longer functioning .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Have you pressed and held the button down for 30 seconds and released as indicated?

If so, then I need to know which model Nook you have and also how long you have owned it for please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it to respond and it's rebooting now .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Excellent and glad to hear that! If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's still not working .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I need to know which model Nook you have and also how long you have owned it for please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model#BNRV300 and the button on the back doesn't seem to be responding at all . I have had the unit for about 3 years .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this indicates a hardware failure in the Nook and requires service. The reboot steps above are the only things on a user level you can try to fix this. Beyond that you will need to send to a third party Nook repair center at the link below to have them fix the unit. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

http://www.missionrepair.com/Barnes_Noble_Nook_Tablet_Repair_s/789.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.