Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Kindle won't take a charge any longewr

Customer Question

kindle won't take a charge any longewr
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem and I look forward to helping you. Have you tried another cable yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this your $10 response? Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I have been waiting for you to reply. It seems you missed my reply so here it is again just in case:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a new charger yesterday and the kindle shows its charged but when i try to read I get one page and then can't turn to the next, when I try to go back it seems frozen. Thanks
should I just give up? Does the next grade up of a new one, the one that is backlighted take alot of charging?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hold the power button on it for 60 seconds. It should restart, after doing this test and see if it will respond. Try it a few times and let me know if anything changes. I will check the battery life on the newer models for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried 60 second hold a few times and no change. The battery indicator shows less than half even tho it has been plugged in a long time with the new cord. Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Darn unfortunately it sounds like it would need a part which it is usually cheaper to replace the Kindle itself. I was able to look up battery life for you and I would suggest this model:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVZDJM?ref_=kods_xs_dp_oop

Reading 30 minutes a day every day it is supposed to last 8 weeks. I believe this is also with the back light on low and with WiFi off though. So keep that in mind.

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.