Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle will not open from the front page of Austin. It is

Customer Question

My kindle will not open from the front page of Jane Austin. It is charged and the green light comes on when I try to open it. I have many books on it that I haven't read yet. Can you please help.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks all good now. This happened one other time and I remembered to do it last night but it didn't work. It has now decided to work this morning. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgwli

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,