Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I am trying to change the credit card number nook. I am on

Customer Question

I am trying to change the credit card number for my nook. I am on the page that says "manage your credit card". It shows my husbands name and the 4 last numbers on the old credit card which expires in 02 of 2017. Then I tap change and it asks for my new number, name, address, city, state and country. When I type in my address it won't accept it. Should I be using my husbands name instead of mine? I have been trying to do this for hours over several days. I am 80 years young and I don't think I'm stupid but I can't figure this out.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You need to use the name that is on the credit card and the details with it. So if this is your husbands name, use this.

Try this and tell me if it is then accepted

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,