Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I cannot buy books now as my payment method expired. I wish

Customer Question

I cannot buy books now as my payment method expired. I wish to start again using a new method
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is this for a kindle? Nook? Kobo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is for Kindle. I don't see why I have to pay anything when I'm just trying to buy more books but using a new pay method as Kindle wouldn't accept my updated Load and Go payment method!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a paid support service, there is a fee for my time and expertise.

There are a few easy steps to fix this issue.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.