Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

The home button doesn't work. I have rebooted twice and no

Customer Question

The home button doesn't work. I have rebooted twice and no dice. The kindle is out of warranty. Is ther another path to get to home other than the home button?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Did you hard reset/restore or just reboot/soft reset?

Which model kindle is this?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model D01200
What is the difference between your 2 resets?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

One way wipes the entire device to how it was new out of the box, the other just soft resets it and does not change any settings, does not delete anything such as books, etc.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realize that but on a Kindle how do you perform one rather than the other. If I know that I can tell you which I have done.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

No problem, here is how to restore the device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwEx4dTj5Dw

If still having the problem and the home button is not working then unfortunately your only option is to send it in for repair.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now that there is nothing on the kindle and the button still doesn't work how do I reregister it and then get the content I was reading from Amazon again?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

"

To buy and deliver Kindle content, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle to an Amazon account. Registering also allows you to transfer purchases between Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps.

From Home, tap the Menu icon.
Tap on Settings and select Registration.
Specify the Amazon account you want to use on Kindle Touch:
If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter your Amazon account information. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap this option and follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new Amazon account."

- Joe