Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  3+ years repairing various handheld electronics systems
61965098

I can't register my new paper kindle because I can't

Customer Question

I can't register my new paper white kindle because I can't remember my password.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

To verify, is it your amazon password ***** you can't remember or your wi-fi password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I 'm not sure but I think it is my Amazon password.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

OK.

Click Here.

On the page that opens, enter the required information and follow the on screen instructions to reset your password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still can't register my new kindle!!!! I don't know what to tell you but it says that I already have an account and "they" need the correct password. What can I do ????????
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Alright, when you tried to reset the password, what happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It allowed me to change it but I can't get my kindle to go to the registration page. When I "turn it on, holding for 30 sec" it returns to a page which tell me to either cancel or try again. When I hit try again nothing happens!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

OK since you are not making it to the registration page it is possible the password ***** is asking for is your wi-fi password. Have you tried using your wi-fi password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not. But I can't get to any page now, where I can even try it. My new kindle is locked to that one page which I described before!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. I know this is frustrating, electronics can be a pain some times. Go ahead and turn your device completely off and then back on again.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Once restarted, see if you can access the menu page. Its the icon that that looks like three horizontal lines.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

If you can access the menu page, go to settings, and then tap registration. After tapping registration, tell me exactly what is on the kindle device.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't get " settings". What I do get is: restart; reset device; device info; legal. What should I "tap"?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm. Go to device info and tell me what is displayed there. Are you certain this is a paper white kindle? Is it the latest model or an older model? On the latest model there is a settings option. I assumed it was the latest model because you said it was new.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did just buy it! I assumed it was the newest model but you are saying it isn't????
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

I am saying its strange that it doesnt give you a setting option. Was it purchased from amazon or a store? What does it say in device info?

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

After getting the device info, go back and click reset device. This will help us start from scratch and I can walkthrough the setup process with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I did the reset and hit English and now it says get started so I hit that and now it is telling me to connect to Wi-Fi. I hit that and it wants my wifi password. I'm not sure but I think I know it. Should I try it?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you are unsure, sometimes the wi-fi password ***** ***** on your router or modem by the cable company. Give it a try.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says: incorrect password
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you type the password ***** thought you knew or did you check the router/modem for the password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither but I tried the other one I was thinking of and it worked! It now says I connected and I should register my kindle to my Amazon account. Do I tap: use an existing Amazon account?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

If you previously had a kindle and had an account with amazon, select use an existing account. Then type in your login information for your amazon account.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get logged in with your amazon account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did but it is still telling me I'm using an incorrect pw.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Ok stay at that login page on the kindle. On your computer,

Click Here.

Once your password ***** ***** go back and try and login to the kindle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Silas H, I'm really tired tonight. Can we continue this tomorrow afternoon ( my time)? Will you be available to continue then? In the mean time I will try to reset my Amazon password.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

We sure can, just come back here and write a message and we will continue. I apologize again but electronics can be a pain sometimes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We'll get it "fixed". Thank you for being so patient. I'll message you tomorrow!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Have a great night!